I realize the usefulness of downloading applications and not having to have access to the internet which is not always possible in schools as a guest. For example, today we learned about the Merriam Webster Dictionary Application which is free and once downloaded, does not require the internet connection. Many schools have dictionaries available however, if the purpose of the lesson is reading comprehension, it is not necessarily good use of time to spend time looking up a word. The I Touch dictionary application provides definitions quickly and there are fewer definitions to sort through which can occasionally mislead students. Some questions I have that I did not at the beginning relate to security, downloading apps with credit card information and so forth. Also, what if the I touch is misplaced and falls into the wrong hands, what are my vulnerabilities? How do I further security settings?
I'm loving reading books on my IPad and sometimes my phone because I can click on most any word and get definitions and much more...
ReplyDeleteThe credit card issue is exactly the same with every on-line shopping. Your account info is not stored on the device -- it's on the Apple servers.
You can set up a code access just to get onto the Touch (that's in settings) and I don't know if the Touch has the same access but on the phone you can set it up so that you can locate it if it's turned on... and can also wipe it out remotely with a click.